Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Stop the world, I want to get off!!

Well, I don't really want to get off. But sometimes I do feel like my world is spinning and I am going in all kinds of different directions. So much to do, so little time. And life just keeps going.

I know that doesn't really explain why I haven't blogged in a LONG time. I was in St. Louis from the 12th to the 19th. Shauli was there for the weekend with me and we spent some time in good old Chesterfield where I grew up. We stayed with a family that is basically one of my second families and it was SOOOO great hanging out there. The fast was no fun but we survived so that is always good. My darling husband left to go back to work in Detroit on Monday which was sad. It was also sad that I had to get him to the airport by 6:30 in the morning. But it was nice of me. :)
And midnight Monday night I was back at the airport (with Jonah in tow because he decided to wake up just as I was leaving - no, I wasn't going to leave him by himself! Grandma was there and she is quite the babysitter. Jonah loves her which is SOO cute!!) So 12:30 I picked up Adrian and Kerry (my bro and sis-in-law) who had just flown in from Seattle. Tuesday we all just hung out. My mom came and picked us up and we headed out to her house where we did more hanging out. Jonah is the first grandbaby/nephew on our side of the family - so there was a lot of sitting around and watching him perform. :)
Wednesday was AWESOME!! We went on a canoe trip down the river. Jonah had on a cute little life preserver that was almost as big as him and round like a barrel. He looked ready to go down Niagra Falls. And we got him some little blue swim trunks (to wear over his swim diaper) with red hawaiin flowers. And of course, some water shoes (that were a bit too big but he can wear them next year too). Jonah behaved GREAT on the trip (he was sitting on my lap in the middle of the canoe while Adrian and Kerry paddled). And I only freaked out when we drove through some tree branches and about 15 Daddy-Long Leg spiders ended up in our boat. AHHHHH!!!!
Thursday was fun too. We went to the St.Louis Zoo which has changed a lot from when I was a kid. I loved it then and it's even better now. And they have an AMAZING Childrens zoo where you can hang out with goats, feed canary type birds and do all kinds of other cool things. Jonah LOVED that!! My Mom and I tried out the new dairy kosher restaurant in U. City called Shmeers. How Jewish can you sound???? The salad was good, the pizza was so-so (the sauce was too sweet for my liking), and the French Fries were INCREDIBLE!!!!!!
Friday morning I flew home all by myself with Jonah but he was practically an angel on the flight. WOW!!! Of course, he woke up that morning at quarter to 6 and was up literally until the planes wheels touched the ground at quarter to 10 (or 11 Detroit time).
Shabbas was great. We welcomed back our dear friends the AP's from Israel so that was a good reunion!!! Shabbas lunch was in Shul in honor of Esty and Jose's upcoming wedding. And then Esty's Shabbas kallah that afternoon. And Sunday was their wedding. Wow, was that a great wedding!!!! I danced till I could dance no more and my legs are STILL hurting. And I cheered so much that my throat was sore. There is just something really special about going to a good friends wedding. And when you are friends with both sides that is REALLY awesome. The happiness you feel for the two is soooooooooooo special!!!! Good times, good times.
And here I am. Back at work. The craziness of back to school sales is beginning. It's nice because it keeps me busy while I am there but it can also be exhausting!! Those crazy customers. :)
Next week is a big week. I turn 26 on Monday and Jonah turns 1 on Thursday. WOAH!!!
Party plans are in the works for the joint birthday of Jonah and Noa. We hope to have a location picked out tomorrow. BUSY BUSY.
That's all for now. Hope you all feel caught up.
Well, it's time to get back on the crazy ride we call LIFE.........................................

No comments: