Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Little Lindsay

I was watching the news last night and I saw a story about a little girl that really touched me.
Her name is Lindsay and she is 2 years old. When she was 5 months old, she was diagnosed with a very rare disease called Progeria. From what I understand, she will age 8 times faster than a regular baby. She already shows signs of aging like balding, very visable veins on her head, stiff joints, and wrinkly, old looking legs.
From the few clips I saw of her on TV, she was a child full of life and happiness. And a BIG Pistons fan!!!! Her parents are trying to just enjoy every moment with her and appreciate everything while they can, because they don't know when it will end.
I don't know how they do it.
I believe they will be showing her story again tonight (May 17th) on Channel 2 at 5pm with Lila Lazareth. You should watch it. It makes you stop and take a second glance at life. And appreciate. We are SO lucky.
She also has a website you should check out. It is LittleLindsay.com
She's a pretty amazing little girl. I wish her luck and happiness and good health.
And a cure.

No comments: