Sunday, September 25, 2005

To Set the Record Straight

Something has been bothering me since Friday and I would like to set the record straight. Someone, and I don't know who, has been spreading nasty rumors about me. I don't think they were doing it maliciously - this is something they must think about me and are sharing it with others. Well, I want to tell them and anyone else who may have heard it that they are 100% WRONG!!!! I don't know where they got their information from, why they would ever believe it, or why they didn't ask me about it but it is NOT true.
Someone is telling people that I don't want to move to Israel anymore because I have seen the way my friends live there and they live in "squalor" and so I want to stay in America. Well people, that is GARBAGE.
First of all, I love Israel. A part of me is missing when I am not in Israel. When I was living in Israel, I was not complete because I hadn't found my B'shert. Now that I have found the love of my life, something is missing because we aren't in the Holy Land. Yes, he knows I feel this way. I would pack up and move to Israel in a heartbeat. The longer I stay here, the harder it is/will be to leave. I take comfort in the fact that many of our friends also want to make Aliyah so I dream that one day we can all go together.
Second of all, the last time I was in Israel was in November, and the only friends I saw were the ones who came to visit me in the hotel and hospital. So I didn't see any of my friends living in "squalor."
Third of all, I have lived in Israel, aside from in dorms I have lived in an apartment and house-sat a house. And I have NO problem with that.
Sure, there are a lot more material and physical comforts that come from living in America but in Israel, you don't need those things. Those things aren't important there the way they are here. Life is just....................different.
I'm sorry that you think I am so materialistic that I would give up the dream I have had since I was 17 years old to move to Israel because I supposedly didn't like the way my friends were living. I'm sorry you obviously don't realize how much I love Eretz Yisroel and how my heart aches when I think of it.
I'm also sorry that the people who heard these rumors seem to have believed them. :(
And yes, I am sorry that Shu doesn't feel the same way that I do. If you want us to move to Israel, he is the one to work on. Not me!

And that's all folks.

4 comments:

Rolling hills of green said...

Was that theraputic? Sing it out to thew world or tell them off, however people take it.
Loving you Nat!

SHEV said...

so y dont u want to move to israel?

Air Time said...

Man, I miss all the good rumors, probably because I sit on the old person side of shul.

Olah Chadasha said...

Disguting how some ppl can let their lashon hara bug spread like a horrible virus. And, right before Yom Kippur too. I hope this person understands what harm they've caused. I also hope you wont stop blogging bc of this. Your blog's geat.
-OC